Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all training services delivered or supplied by Centra Training Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’)
By purchasing a training service with us, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and any additional terms relating to the specific training service you have purchased.
Invoicing and payment
We will invoice the client / employer for the training services fees.
Vocational Qualifications and Functional Skills invoices are payable within 30 days from the date of the signed Training Service Agreement. If a payment plan has been agreed and approved (Annex B), this plan will supersede the standard payment terms. All qualifications must be paid for in full before a certificate is issued.
Training services will be suspended until payment has been made in accordance with this agreement.
Online Short Course invoices are payable at least 3 days prior to course start date. Non-payment will lead to delay in course enrolment or cancellation.
Cancellations and /or Change of Circumstance
You have the right to cancel this agreement in full within 14 days of signing.
Cancellation for Vocational Qualifications and Functional Skills course must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
- Within 14 days of signing 100% refund.
- After 14 days 0% refund.
Where Training Services cease at the request of the client / employer, you may be offered a credit note, dependant on the change of circumstance. (Registration, set up fees & Time on programme will be deducted)
Training Services Fees
Our fees are set to ensure a high level of service and experience.
For Vocational Diplomas and Certificates
- 1:1 Tailored support by a Centra Sector Specialist Tutor to meet the individual learners needs.
- Ongoing assessments.
- Progress reviews.
- Access to e-portfolio.
- Access to Centra’s learning resources.
- Registration and Certification.
For Online Short Courses
- Registration to the online platform.
- Access to the course.
Where learning takes place at the client’s workplace, the client will be expected to:
- Co-operate with Centra Training by completing a Health & Safety check and questionnaire.
- Provide the necessary details to the Centra Trainer on general housekeeping, including your fire evacuation policy, fire exits, toilet locations.
- Allow Centra access to the premises and a suitable area carry out the training.
- Have public liability insurance in relation to delivery of training services at the client’s workplace. Centra Training will also have public liability insurance to undertake training at its premises. Both parties will provide evidence of this cover upon reasonable request.
- Comply with all applicable Health and Safety Legislation and Codes of Practice. This also applies to Centra Training.
- Co-operate fully with the requirements of the training service to ensure its success.
Learner / Employee Requirements
Learners / Employees are expected to behave reasonably throughout the training. Unreasonable behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the cancellation of this agreement with no refund of fees.
If a learner fails to complete within the reasonable time frame agreed as detailed in the learner’s Individual Training Plan, they will be removed from programme with no refund. Please note registrations with Centra for L2 & L3 expire at 12 months and for L4 & L5 at 15 months. If the training is not completed within this time frame an additional registration fee will apply up to a maximum of £250.00.
No Show Policy
If a learner does not attend a scheduled appointment without prior notice, the following actions will be taken:
• The Manager will be informed.
• An invoice will be generated, charging £65 to cover the costs incurred. We understand that emergencies can happen, and if they do, please notify us as soon as possible.
Ownership of course information and documentation
You acknowledge and agree that we own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in our course information and documentation.
You shall not, and shall ensure that your employees shall not, use or disclose any confidential material provided by us pursuant to these terms save as may be agreed by us or required by law.
You will ensure that you have in place all necessary consents in connection with personal data to always allow us to perform the Training Services without infringing any third-party rights. This should include permissions to share relevant information between employer and employees.
Save as precluded by law, our liability to you is limited to the price paid by you for the course which you booked, and we will not be responsible for any business loss suffered by you (e.g., loss of profits) or indirect or consequential loss suffered by you as a result of any breach by us of the terms. Nothing in the terms limits our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
Either party may terminate this Agreement by written notice:
- If the other party fails to remedy a material breach of this Agreement within 30 days of written notice identifying the breach and notifying of an intention to terminate; and/or
- If the other party makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or enters into administration (whether or not pursuant to a court order) or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) goes into liquidation or is deemed under Section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 to be unable to pay its debts or is dissolved; and/or
- If an encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver or administrative receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the other party; and/or
- The other party threatens to cease to carry on business.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under the terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes which arise will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We aim to provide a courteous, professional, and efficient service to you and your employees and other individuals and organisations with whom we work.
Centra’s Complaints Procedure is available on our website: The 3-step process is detailed below:
Get in touch by e-mail, letter, telephone, or face to face with any of our members of staff.
We will acknowledge your complaint or concern immediately and where possible, we will try to give you an answer there and then. If not, we will arrange for the problem to be investigated. We will respond to you within 5 working days. Where a response is not possible at this stage, we will contact you and advise how long our investigations are likely to take.
In the unlikely event that your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact Carolyn Maple - Managing Director, of Centra Training Ltd